Wednesday 14 March 2012

Welcome to my world

My name is Chigo and I am a Compere.
I am not a comedian or an MC.... I am a Compere!
What’s the difference?
You will discover this as you discover ME on this blog.


However for now, know that a Compere is a delightful, resourceful combination of these things (i.e. Mc and Comedian) with even much more to offer than you have ever known... and this is  the summary of who I am....a Compere....A funny, entertaining, Intelligent, dramatic, clear diction, perfectly arranged tenses English speaking but down to earth COMPERE.


I have been doing this job for 8 years and some months now and what an exciting journey. I will be doing this job till I’m old and grey....This is my medicine, my law, my ministry....it is my career path.
Unfortunately I discovered this later than I should else I would not have succumbed to parental pressure and studied Biochemistry ... (Story for another day)


When I’m in front of a crowd with the mic in one hand and the program of events in the other hand I feel so alive. I forget that my heels ache, I forget that I’m hungry, I forget that I was feeling a bit low when I woke up in the morning or that Lagos traffic got my blood pressure up on the way to the event...I forget...I forget..I forget it all and just enjoy my audience and the event; piloting it from the customary initial  “stiff” moments to the “crescendo” heights of excitement and touch down to the vote of thanks and where necessary closing prayer. I LOVE MY JOB.


I’m always amazed at the excited positive reviews I get after any event from my clients, the audience and other event vendors. All my years of learning and growing myself keep paying off.
I haven’t even started and people tell me to mentor them...this shocks me everytime, what do I know? What can I possibly teach them?....They must have seen something in me that I thought was still locked inside


This blog is an attempt to share my passion with you....
To share my passion and experiences with the world
It’s been a long time coming and I have been procrastinating starting this ...for so many reasons.


But I choose to procrastinate no more
Finally! Let’s go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...