Sunday 6 May 2012

How I spent my Saturday

Did a wedding with an intricate mixture of Christian and Muslim personalities as in the groom’s father is Muslim then maybe the mum is Christian then the bride’s parents are Christians but their relatives who brought her up are Muslims so it was a real mixture and I had to ensure I was “religiously” on point at all times. God helped me; it went very, very well. 

Another highlight of the wedding was that the people could ROCK!! Starting with the parents- It was a full Yoruba PARTY and the rocking was on point as far as Yoruba parties go. There was live band and then a DJ who just selected all the contemporary 9ja hits that have Yoruba and English flavor…twas not a small matter.
 I had to ask if the parents were really parents because they rocked today’s latest dance steps even more than the kids who were getting married or their friends for that matter.
We definitely had fun. That was a parry!
Pictures are on the way (don’t roll your eyes naa…..don’t worry I’m putting things in place, you will soon start receiving my pictures real time on time all the time)
I dressed up Oleku style with my mini mercury lace wrapper and short sleeved buba topped with a scalloped gele and tough heels… those funky mamas wanted to eat me up.
They kept hailing me….Oleku!!!! O ga ju!....i blushed all the way.
Thanks to my mum for inspiring the outfit and my designer AMELORON for hooking me up.
For those of you who want to make bespoke wedding dresses you need to hook up with Mrs. Eyiyemi Rogbiyin (Nee Pratt). She made this divine gold wedding gown for the bride.
You see it was a full traditional engagement party in the morning then reception kicked off by 2PM so the bride now changed into her wedding dress for the reception and OMG! THE DRESS!! Which was made by Eyiyemi…
Ladies, Ladies, Ladies!! Me sef haf decide to do wedding again because of that dress…breathtaking!Eyiyemi was at the party and she brought some complimentary delicious cupcakes along…I guess it comes with the service….ah where were all these people when I did my wedding? Lol
If you need to contact her…call me- my number is up there on this blog – we will settle my own compere services then I will link you to her…Chikena!
If you don’t like this route then Google her…I wish you success in ya endeavors…Mschewww!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...