Thursday 7 February 2013

Delivered from Cervical Cancer....


 
I recieved this mail just this morning from a lady who wishes to share her testimony with readers of this blog. Lets Praise God with her for what He has done in her life....
On Friday the 1st of February 2013, I was off to see one of my clients. I was about an hour and half early for the visit, so I decided to kill time than arrive there too early and look totally jobless. My driver, a junior colleague and I were on the streets of Surulere. Suddenly I noticed a banner for a free breast & cervical cancer screening. Wow! I thought. What an amazing way to kill time, seeing I have always wanted to go for a screening…just to know, nothing more.
So the driver pulled over and my colleague (a lady) and I went in. When it was my turn, the physical examination was done for my breasts and they said it was fine…I smiled(before nko?). Then the Nurse proceeded to check my cervix. The gynaecologist then stepped in. They both looked at my cervix and said the result was positive. Positive! What is the meaning of that? I asked. The gynaecologist said I’ve got abnormal cells in my cervix and need to start treatment immediately before it turns to full blown cancer. Suddenly, my world just stopped. Cancer? How? When? Who? Me?  
Please continue...

I summoned courage and asked about the treatment. He mentioned going for cryotherapy, some months of this, some months of that. Honestly, at some point, I wasn’t listening anymore… I suddenly felt like I was going to die the next day. I asked him if I could undergo this treatment while being pregnant, because I was planning to conceive the next week. He said no, that it has been known to cause miscarriages in some women.

I left the clinic devastated. Testing positive to cervical cancer screening? Abnormal cervical cells? I rushed back to the office and read up about cervical cancer. Some authors claim it’s caused by multiple abortions, multiple sex partners etc. Ha! God! I exclaimed! I got married nearly 4 years ago at the age of 30…a virgin. My first night was on our wedding night…the hymen didn’t even break that night sef. So I was officially still a virgin even on my wedding night. I knew no other man other than my husband…so where do I fit in this cancer if it is caused by multiple abortions, sex partners etc. I even remembered the Nurse asked me if I had had an abortion before(I almost laughed when I told her I got married as a virgin and I have a 2 year old already). I cried and cried and cried. I didn’t have a problem with going in for the treatment. But what happens to my plan of conceiving next week? If I go for the treatment, I might as well kiss my being pregnant this year goodbye because the treatment is in stages and will last for months! Besides that, I just might end up with fertility issues because the procedure involves freezing the affected area of the cervix using pressurized C02, which might weaken it when it’s time to hold in a baby. I was scared to death!

Then I turned to God. I asked him if this is how my testimony will end? I’ll advise young ladies to keep themselves for marriage only to come up with cancer 3 years later! I told my husband…we cried. The tears didn’t stop flowing. I couldn’t sleep that night. It just felt like a bad dream. My husband decided we should go for another test the next day in the best laboratory in Lagos – ME CURE – Oshodi.

I woke up at about 5am the next day (Saturday). I went to the living room…I couldn’t pray. I remembered my promise to God on the 30th of December. You see, my husband and I have always had issues paying our tithes. We pay o! But not regularly. Sometimes we forget, other  times the salary is barely enough…so giving out 10% was a chore. But on the 30th of December, after watching a Mount Zion Movie that re-emphasized this, my husband and I vowed to pay our tithes promptly and without fail in 2013. I’m not much of a Bible Scholar, but I think that is the only verse in the Bible where God said, “Test me in this and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven…(Mal 3: 10). So we decided to test God this year. But God took me to verse 11 of that same scripture: I will prevent pests from devouring your crops(my translation – I will prevent diseases from devouring your body) and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe(my translation – I will not miscarry my baby, nor bear him before full term). That’s the word! I held on to that word…prayed, asking God for mercy…to turn every abnormal cervical cells to normal…to heal me completely.

My husband and I went for the test later that day. We were told to return on Wednesday the 6th for the results. The wait from Saturday – Wednesday was like 4 years! The anxiety alone could have killed me before the cancer. My husband and I decided to go on a fast till we receive the results.

Like they say at the end of any nollywood movie…but I say it here with a deeper meaning and understanding…TO GOD BE THE GLORY! I received the result and everything is negative! I do not have pre-cancerous cells…I AM CLEAN…washed by the blood of Jesus.
God is not a man that he should lie, neither the son of man that he should repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...