Saturday 11 May 2013

Motherly musings

For the 1st time in my life I turned down a job.
Ok second time.
The first time was when someone told me to come crack a few jokes for 5 minutes.
I said NO!
Why?
* Let's say it together*
I am not a comedian...Je suis compere. (Oh by the way my french is picking up fast! lets just say I can carry on a conversation in French for at least 3 minutes fluently *wink*!)
 
So back to my turning down a job...the call came in last night for an event today,(that was not the issue). They were offering me 10% of what I would usually charge ...(that contributed hugely) but the main reason was because of domestic issues.
 
*Sigh* ....but it felt good to turn a job down and feel good about it.
 
Chigo of before..... I would have been like oh its an opportunity bla bla ...suffer to do the job  then feel under appreciated and stressed but tell myself I would get referrals from there then wait endlessly...not because I did a poor job, but because maybe no one in that crowd might have an event in the next 365 days..
 
 Then I woke up this morning and the rain....oh the rain!
 
As a friend said, he used prayer to hold his roof.
 
My older daughter who has been ill had to be admitted today as well and I spent the day taking care of her....I am glad I turned down that job. I for suffer for nothing! Now add some zeros to the offer and it might have been worth the boat cruise to the venue but not quite worth the time taking care of my baby shaaaa:)
 
Why am I telling you this...* Let's whisper it together* .....Cest la moi blog!
 
Au revoir...blogging from my daughter's hospital bed where she is "chopping" drip like water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...