Wednesday 16 October 2013

Chigo's powdery dilemma

 
Tiwa Savage fully 'packaged'
Let me share something with you ... I don't use make up on a daily basis, I think I have explained on this blog in the past that if you see me on an ordinary day,you might just walk by ....nothing spectacular.
You wouldn't know the amazing bundle of talent that you just walked past...*fluttering eyelids*




However, because of this my compere work, when I have a job I gats to present and represent... you feeling me now?

So I am on a constant quest to improve my physical appearance when I go for events or meetings while I sag into my jeans and T-shirts on regular days... Its one of the few things I share with people like Beyonce, Madonna, Marilyn Monroe and even Michelle Obama has joined us...Lol.

Anyway so one day I went to Wheat baker hotel in Ikoyi, Lagos and while there I noticed that all the receptionists and female customer facing staff had their faces excellently made up on point... I could not draw my eyes away. I couldn't resist, I just had to ask "please what is the secret of this perfect picture of fabulous glam I see on your faces?" They then whispered two words...BLACK UP!
Please continue


Hian! Yours truly then began asking questions from the real fashionistas of Lasgidi and they told me.... Yes! Black Up was the powder for big girls doing big things and that it can only be found in some select stores and malls..ok oh.

My orekelewa hadn't finished (I can use one powder for one year, remember its not a daily thing ...yes I don't do events daily ..Lol)

SO I made a mental note to look into the Black Up of a powder when my Orekelewa was nearing the end.

That was about 4-6 months ago.

Fast forward to this month... someone dear to my heart  gave me plenty make up stuff as a gift. I opened the bag and behold amongst several nice products, were 2 brand new compact sets of Black Up Powder! Hurray Chigo has arrived.

It was at the office, so I entered the bathroom sharply and proceeded to apply the Black Up something. I was so sure that once I opened the door and emerged like this people would fall under the anointing of my beauty.

Alas I came out and yes people commented because I don't make up everyday but they  were just like "Ah Chigo you made up today whats up?" ... No... "Oh my God you look like a beauty queen tinzz" Hisss...you are the first person I am telling this to..I was disappointed.

Anyway fast forward to weeks later being Monday this week, One girl came to the office and you need to see her face. she looked like she just came down from a magazine cover on the shelves of our office...her make up was 100/100 on point.

As usual I could not help myself I had to ask her; "My sister what happened to you? Is this how you were created or you made it up yasef?" She told me she used Mac foundation and primer . She went ahead to tell me that she would have still added Mac Powder but she didn't have it yet. She said it like how someone would say..."I dont have a plot of land yet" *Double Hian!*

Till now I am in shock because I shared my Black UP story with her and she educated me that those ladies might have used Black UP  foundation as well. Why am I in shock? Because as usual the real fashionistas of Lasgidi and indeed the world over have raised the bar AGAIN.

We have not finished rocking white powder...you people said it is brown powder and now we are to add foundation and primer!!!! Where do my facial pores go to breathe biko?

That is not even the issue.

Now this babe told me that Mac is the world leader in make up...the 'Obama' of make up kingdom and that it is the secret of a lot of magazine covers...*sigh* and I thought I had arrived with my new powder. So my question is can I mix the Black up powder with Mac foundation and primer or I should just go back to scratch and start with MAC from the beginning?

 Orekelewa still rocks sha its simple and does not cake but mbok I would like to have my face like those people's faces when I meet my next client for a meeting.

 I think if I give them my fee in dollars with that face... mixed with my borrowed English accent, waving fake nails and flipping fake hair,they will even put extra money on top for me. I was reading Tiwa Savage recently on TW magazine and she said she used to be chubby and plain  but she came to realize packaging is everything so she hit the gym and acquired enough fake tinzz to move forward. She called it "packaging". I call it stress!

 Please oh  real fashionistas of Lasgidi and indeed the world, kindly take it easy on the science of the evolving standards in hair, make up and beauty so that we the ones coming behind can catch up. It is well. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell them oh. The whole make up thing confuses me. From powder to primer to bronzer to liner everything er, er. Girl I just went to target and got me some one dollar tinz after the MAC girls at Macys had me confused. I personally want to invest in organic make up as I believe my flesh needs to be fed natural stuff not lots of mineral based products. Oh i am just waking up to the make up world, after more than year in marriage and a baby in tow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beats me! White powder just works fine...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...