Thursday 29 March 2012

Embracing Change

I used to hate taking pictures and when I was forced to enter a group picture, I was always the one at the back with spectacles peeking over the tallest person's shoulders.


My dear father brought this to my attention several times. I had my reasons, didn’t like myself, didn't like my clothes, didn't like my glasses, didn't like my smile and maybe I didn't even like the people in the picture...lol!


The interesting thing is that I didn't even know why at the time, I just knew I didn’t like taking pictures, never bothered to examine why.


I was suffering from what I now refer to as photophobiapathy but I have changed....Ok not entirely, I am changing.

Becoming a compere and growing in the profession changed that for me.


Vanity has become my new modesty.

Now I absolutely love to dress up and I’m happy when i see my pictures however I confess I’m still largely a lazy, casual dresser on an average day when I’m not headed for an event and this is for good reasons.

You see I’m HOT! As in all them Beyonce, Jlo, Rihanna, Kim K and co ain't got a thing on me and I just fear that if I unleash my full beauty to the world daily, it might be too distracting.


There are already too many accidents, power cuts, network issues and general distractions in the world so I save the beauty for events when it adds to the ambience and general decor of the event.


Secondly, “glamming”up takes time....there’s a lot of painting, brushing then there’s air brushing and many other general "ings" involved....ehm....on an average day I don't have that kind of time.

It's almost annoying to see people spend all that time on them selves daily… I was advised by my well meaning image and beauty consultants that it’s called a beauty routine….. So I am changing.

It’s been a journey and I have pictures to show you what I am saying so keep checking the blog for when I will be daring enough to expose how I used to look back in the days.

Have I told you I am changing?.....I now have contact lenses in various tones and pantones * batting eyelids fervently* I use seasoned professional stylists, makeup artistes, have like 6 different designers and 3 tailors (that’s your business!!!) and generally put in more effort cos life has taught me that people take you more seriously when you care about how you look.

The "vainer" you are the better for you in this wicked world....*sigh*.

I have seen it firsthand so many times.


Even God said man looks at the outward appearance and He didn’t comment further on whether this was a good thing or a bad thing He just went ahead to say that He is different (this was in the bible…..1stSamuel 16…. for those of you who are about to ask me for His BB pin)....so I had to advice myself.


I’m just building a foundation so that when the pictures start coming you won't say I didn’t warn you ;)


Have a good evening people ......my 9 month old wants to finally throw away this laptop that is competing for my attention so I have to go.


....it's been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...