Monday 30 April 2012

Hurray!!!

Yay my blog…….. My very young, 2 month old blog has officially had over 3,000 hits.
Wow I want to thank my parents for having me, my husband for marrying me and my savior for saving me….lol
Honestly I am encouraged ….I was almost going crazy with so many thoughts I wished I could share with the world, I thought working in a radio station would help me express myself and share joy and encouragement with the world but no radio station that I approached took me in …for so many reasons including the strong belief that they couldn’t pay me despite my continuous screams that it was not about the money. They didn’t even make me an offer; they just didn’t feel they could pay…because I had worked in banking and telecoms…No faith…these radio people, no faith. Lol!

If they had even tried to make me an offer…
Well I discovered the beautiful world of blogging exactly 4 years ago….somehow I found Linda Ikeji’s blog and it kept me company along with Sound city throughout the sleepless nights of nursing my first child. 

She inspired me and still does….daily!

No! I don’t agree with everything she does and says but it doesn’t change the fact that Linda has saved me from drowning in boredom so many times and from her blog I could quickly get my daily news fix in a soft way….not hard core CNN style.

With time, I saw the merits of blogging and knew it would help me as a medium of expression instead of being overwhelmed with all the things I had to say. I was literarily going crazy with so much to say and nowhere to put it.

No! Facebook was not enough and BBM had limited character space.

Besides this matter started long before the emergence of BBM

Upon deciding I was going to become a blogging compere, I approached web designers to help me design a blog….see quotation of charges!!!

I was not ready to spend such amounts on a blog….I’m talking 6 digits.

However, I did not give up, would not give up.

There had to be a way.

 Enter Natural Nigerian …my dear long lost friend who God brought my way again and she guided me with just a BBM chat and voila I set this blog up myself and even got some kobo kobo adverts from google on it for the price of zero naira.

It’s a big deal for me when I find people are reading this blog and when people comment, I feel like I have won the lottery.

 Blogspot Statistics has even shown me that a significant percentage of persons who read it are outside the country. Finally a place to express myself and share my thoughts as the unique brand that is me!

Thanks for the kind words and general followership.

May all your dreams come true.  Keep reading and bring your friends too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...