Tuesday 24 April 2012

Victoria Beckham raises the bar on Luxury

Only a few weeks ago I wrote about the Range Rovers and how they have taken over Nigerian roads, if you missed it, you can catch up by checking my March archives for the topic “Range Rover”.

So it turns out that Vikki Beckham ..wife of David has taken her passion for designing to the next level by trying her hand on cars. She was approached by the Range Rover Company and now a new special edition Range Rover that she helped design called the "Evogue" will be produced in limited numbers… (200 only to be precise) which will be sold for twice the price (me thinks the pricing was doubled so Range Rover gets their standard money and she gets the other half after all it took her 2 years to design the car… a laborer is worthy of her wages on any level).

That’s a whole new level peeps.

Some statements were made in the press release which stood out for me are

1.      I wanted to design a car that I want to drive and David would want to drive

(Awww how romantic, she was still thinking of pleasing him even in this project.....If this is not submission then I don’t know what is. You can have it all ladies)

2.      When I first started working with the team I did a lot of research ...I looked at Yachts, Luxury Jets and Classic Cars ( Talk about researching in style * sigh* It’s unfortunate that after all said and done, the car still won’t be able to fly in Lagos traffic)

3.      In addition to the luxury vehicle, buyers receive other accessories such as a 4 piece leather Luggage set with her name printed on the zips and a hand sewn wallet for the owner’s manual signed by Beckham. (Be still my beating heart for these items will soon be available at Alaba.... though without the car yes! but a bit of something is better than nothing naaa. And I can assure you that these items will be more than 200 pieces....ibo kwenu!)

4.      At the launch in Beijing she said: “I am very excited to be working with Land Rover as I have an enormous amount of respect for the brand. I’ve always driven a Range Rover, for me they are the epitome of quality and luxury. (Kia! Kia people Oh...Where are you?...I have always driven a Kia...I was loyal even when the car was gathering water in Apapa floods and the car was made of rubber.....where are you people now?....we need to come out with our own Picanto line ...You & I...where are you people...please approach me...I await your approach biko)

5.      Mr. Mc Govern of Range Rover said “Cars and celebrities are nothing new but for us, this is not about celebrity endorsement. She owns and drives our products; we’re not giving it to her. Given her fashion background and the fact that the Beckham Family have owned a series of top of the range and bespoke Range Rovers and other Land Rovers-including a mini replica for their children- this made her well placed for the job” (Moral of the story, to get big tins, you need to run big tins ...I tell spinsters who want to marry rich men...aim high, set yourself up high...Dakore met her hubby at a wine tasting event in the UK, Kate met Prince William at a fashion event in their school....Goodluck  Jonathan...at least he joined a political party to begin with #Thinksabourrit)

6.      She said that when she was a young girl, her father owned a Rolls-Royce and she would enjoy taking her shoes off to sink her bare feet into the thick carpeting. Land Rover’s designers replicated this for her by using mohair, usually reserved for luxury clothing, to make the mats: ‘It’s the small details that make all the difference.’ (Honestly if I buy this car, ama use the foot mat to make me a dress and reserve the dress for my Aso rock events and such. What do you think? Please if you buy too keep your foot mat for me. I don’t mind giving you the one in my KIA so your feet don’t go without succour)

7.      The rose-gold highlights inside and outside the car take their inspiration from the color and shape of a favoured man’s large faced 400 Daytona Rolex Watch which she often wears on her slender wrist (Hmmmm.....and PDoc always wonders why I want to wear his watches.....See Class is in my blood, it’s in my urine, it’s in my catarrh....I’m too much what is it?  God has finished me with too much class QED!)

Finally the Evoque has won more than 100 international awards and was last week named ‘Women’s world car of the year by an international jury of women motoring writers. (some people have all sorts of jobs in this world and women too can find trouble ...how did they form this association sharp! Sharp! Now?...women’s world car of the year...Na wa...men see the signs ...let me interpret ...this is next year’s valentine gift or else......you are getting the sack...employ wisdom and book now)

So my people that’s the news in Ibibio...I’m so inspired and I have made plans to follow her steps.....gotta go design me a Keke Napep..... Put venetian blinds at the sides and tins....watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...