Saturday 10 November 2012

D Band versus D compere



 
 
I know I have complained about Yoruba live bands at weddings on this blog before but I beg, I just have to do this again oh because this last wedding I compered, the band made my life miserable.
First they brought the sound and it was not sufficient for the hall so some guests couldn’t hear everything well because of where they were sitting. Then while I was still talking, they started singing in Yoruba that time is going …when I asked them why?  They said they didn’t want people to get tired and leave without spraying them. I was confused, Are you the bride? Are you the groom? Are you the father or mother of either bride or groom? I waka go my own…Announced the toast and then the dance.
No be him my couple danced and finally went to their seat but one of the parents was still dancing and getting sprayed but I wanted them to start rounding up and I wanted to use the mic to begin to say “Thank You”, “Thank you” gently so they will begin to wind  down…HA! the band had turned off the mic and refused to turn it on again insisting that they were recording.
And that was how that spraying dragged on for another 10 minutes as they were hoping some cash will fall and reach them. The last wedding I compered where this thing happened, the groom from Obodo Oyinbo A.K.A America ran to the band and asked them to carry their load and go. We had to beg him.
Well the guests didn’t seem to mind and that’s the important thing and my couple used the opportunity to walk the room. Different strokes! But oh well I prefer actual professional  wedding bands…They are more professional O jare…Which one is after the couple has paid you, you still come and look for people to spray you and they were saying its part of their work to be sprayed…Lol!
 I don’t know if I will ever understand that thing but anyhow the people I am drinking cough syrup for didn’t seem to have a problem with it….So let me take a chill pill.
Abeg if you guys can explain this spraying matter to me please feel free.
 Is praise so powerful? I hear some people even spray all their money and regret later
HA!!!! Why do people then need marijuana??? Let’s just be hailing ourselves naaa…Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...