Wednesday 23 January 2013

Another Event Gist...


 
 
This one was at a hotel in Ikeja. I have forgotten the name but its in G R A, on the road to country club. Twas fun. Key note speaker was chairman Enterprise bank. He said to me "Girl I don't know where they found you but you've got yourself another job". Unfortunately I was busy and far when he left so couldn't give him my card. I hope when he needs me God will send an angel to hook us up. Amen. Lol!
 
I also met the MD of Slot systems whom I had been looking for all this years just to tell him "well done". You see back in the day when I was a banker, I used to co-manage Slot account and among our duties was to go pick up his cash daily, after sales. That time (2002) he had only one branch in computer village. Even then, it still had something unique about it that made 50 percent of computer village customers flock to SLOTS.
 
People said it was jazz, it was this, it was that. Story, story.... Nigerians can mystify anything they do not understand ..including hardwork!!!
 
 Many years later the guy has branches all over the place and is doing some strong deals with multinationals on the same product... phones and devices!!!
 
Who says you can't grow a legitimate business in Nigeria?
 
At that event he was in attendance with the same wife I have known since the beginning and he gave away an IPad, 2 BB bold and 2 HTC phones and it reminded me how over the years I have come to see that the more wealthy you are the more you attract freebies or opportunities.
 
I have attended several golf events where people won brand new cars and I rolled my eyes wondering what those golfers would do with one more car added to their existing fleet.
Success opens you to more opportunities *ahem* poor man no dey play golf..... at least for 9ja!! Registration fee alone na some people annual bonus or rent. So do the math.
 
Anyways back to the gist I finally got to tell SLOT well done. Funny thing is that he even recognized me before I recognized it was him..... after all these years....  Lol! I can be so horrible with faces and names...God help me *sigh* .
 
Thumbs up Nnamdi Ezeigbo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...