Friday 23 August 2013

Calling all EXTRAORDINARY NIGERIAN WOMEN OUT!


 


So I was carrying out  a small assignment for a friend the other day and I was unpleasantly surprised to find out that the  Nigerian female “role models” we have today who get much online visibility are either entertainers or politicians. Then don’t get me started on the controversies surrounding the female politicians while  the publicists of the  entertainers try to make it look like taking a picture of your bikini bod or your face without make up is a skill worthy of celebration. *sigh*

 See I’m just imagining my daughters coming home when they are older and doing a quick online search of popular women in Nigeria  and  I feel it’s going to look like if you are not an entertainer, then you must be a politician before you can get celebrated, honored or reviewed in this generation.
 
Anyway…..I have always been one to avoid pointing fingers and try to participate in the change. So I have decided to give extraordinary achieving women a platform on my blog so we can celebrate them.

Yes I am going to share the spotlight on my blog…lol

No! seriously…I know some Extraordinary Women who are doing amazing things with their brains and their lives and I am going to be showing them off right here whether they cooperate with me or not because I have found that the kind of women I am talking about…they like to hide, they can form shyness…. but I say you can afford to be shy when you are thinking of only yourself. Think of the young lady you are inspiring and giving a picture of what her life can be?

When I was young I didn’t know  I could have a lucrative career or possible successful future in any other field apart from medicine or law or other professional companies.

 Today I see there is MORE out there…who knew?

 Maybe if I had attended those guidance counselling sessions the school fixed…just maybe…but I doubt it…lol

Do you know any Extraordinary Nigerian Woman?

Please send me her photographs and profile if she is shy and if she is not, then send me her contact so she I can send her interview questions. Send to Reachchigo@gmail.com

Let’s work together to Inspire someone, somewhere…a few inches from being lost and believing the only way to win …is to take your clothes off.

Hmm maybe  that’s  the tag line I have been looking for

You can win, without taking your clothes off!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...