Wednesday 28 August 2013

SAY IT!!!...Someone's opinion on Gay matters


Someone sent this to me on Sunday...
I promised to share... I didn't edit it oh...verbatim tinzz...ok I changed the font to italics  so you can enjoy reading.


Recently, I watched a show called ‘Fashion Police’ on E! Channel. Joan Rivers, the host was celebrating her 80th birthday and she invited one popular cake maker over. This guy has been contracted by the white house before, so he’s big. He made a cake for Joan too and brought it to the show. She made a comment commending the guy for choosing to make a cake for a lesbian couple for free when they were turned down by another cake maker who refused to on the grounds of his Christian beliefs. Her comment got me thinking – what should I as a Christian do? What would Jesus do? I even asked around to sample opinions. Personally, I finally decided that if I were the one, I would make the cake for the lesbian couple because it would give me the opportunity to still be a part of their lives, even if only for a while and that way, perhaps, somehow, still being in their ‘good books’, I would be able to minister Jesus to them. Tah! I just changed my mind after reading a mail sent to me by a friend titled - Christian fined for refusing to photograph same-sex wedding. The deal there was that the gay couple approached photographer Elaine Huguenin asking her to photograph their wedding and she declined on the grounds of her Christian beliefs. She was fined $7000 by the State Human Rights commission, which claimed she was guilty of discrimination for sexual orientation. The New-Mexico Court of Appeal upheld the decision.

 In similar news, T-shirt maker Hands On Originals was asked by the Gay and Lesbian Services Organization of Lexington, Kentucky to print shirts for their group.  They politely declined, and gave the group referrals to other T-shirt printers and sought quotes for them.  However, they were sued by the group and were found in violation of the city's fairness ordinance.

Meanwhile, the American Academy of Paediatrics is warning its members against "heterosexism", defined as "the social expectation that heterosexuality is the expected norm."  Doctors are encouraged to post a "rainbow" decal on an office door or bulletin board, and display brochures with pictures of "both same- and opposite-gender couples."  They are not to ask a boy about his girlfriend, but to ask about his "partner" instead.

Now, it has hit me! The devil’s agenda is quickly taking shape and now Christians can be ‘legally persecuted’ as far as expressing our opposition to gayness goes. So, because Christians are turning down gay couples, white supremacists can also refuse to serve black people in their restaurants, all based on personal beliefs that are not backed by the law! My point is that you don’t have a right to refuse to serve at gay causes on the grounds of your Christian beliefs. That’ll be against the law. What does this say to us as Christians? The law without a basis in Jesus is just not enough.

There will still be arguments in the house on whether it is or isn’t ok to marry a 12 year old girl! And from the looks of things, we’re experiencing a slow decline as far as the law versus Christian beliefs go! And we Christians are getting the punches. I imagine that gay folk can just choose to mess with any Christian service provider now by just asking for the service and hoping to be turned down. To the law courts they go! And guess who’s gonna win?

Earlier on, I said I changed my mind. I did so because I’ve realized that playing nice guy on an issue such as gayness could indeed end up making it seem like an acceptable lifestyle when it in fact stands in direct opposition to God’s original plan. Plus, as vindictive as it may sound, they’re taking it out on us, so why should I suck up to them? #just saying.

Anyways, I’m grateful to God that I live in a country that has its imperfections but hasn’t gone ‘stripes and stars crazy’! We need to pray and keep it that way, hopefully make it better. As for America and the Americans, e be like say their own na the one wey you gat to add fasting before e go finish. However, we must remember that we indeed now live in the last days, things will get worse – Jesus said so. For a Christian, another strong prayer point should be Maranatha – Come Lord Jesus, come.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sobering.... The reality of the times we live in. Where do we draw the line between defending our faith and being discriminatory?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...